EGYPT - SOME TRUTH
On 6th February 2011, in the UK's Mail on Sunday, PETER HITCHENS tells us about Egypt, People Power...and the truth we dare not speak
Peter Hitchens has witnessed alleged People Power.
Among the points made by Peter Hitchens:
1. The liberation of Romania was followed by an era of renewed corruption and political squalor that has not come to an end and is not likely to.
2. I have seen it argued – credibly – that the joyous return of freedom to Prague was orchestrated by the KGB.
Egyptian girl by dvlazar
What does Israel really think about Egypt?
1. We suspect that Israel wants Egypt to be more fundamentalist, feudal, backward, weak and easy to control.
That should not be too difficult.
According to the Pew Research Center, Washington:
82% of Egyptian Moslems support the stoning of adulterers.
77% support amputations and whipping of thieves.
84% support the death sentence for apostasy.
Once Mubarak is toppled by the CIA-Mossad-NATO, Israel may again find an excuse to invade Egypt. Israel wants to control the Nile and the Suez Canal.
2. Does Israel want us to think it is frightened of the CIA's Muslim Brotherhood?
On 1 February 2011, Time magazine reports that "As the Egypt's Crisis Grows, So Do the Anxieties in Israel"
"Shlomo Avineri, a political scientist at Hebrew University... describes two possibilities:
"military rule, with or without Mubarak as figurehead,
"or 'chaos and disintegration' that ends with rule by Islamists and nationalists descended from Gamal Abdel Nasser, Egypt's second President.
"Israelis most dread the ascent of the Muslim Brotherhood (who are linked to the Masons and the CIA - Aangirfan)....
"'What will not come to pass is ... a democratic neighbor, because democracies don't appear overnight,' Avineri tells TIME...
" U.S. diplomatic cables published by WikiLeaks last year included diplomats' complaints that the Egyptian military continued to regard Israel as its principal enemy and prepared for war in the Sinai Desert, which lies between them."
3. Israel wants good relations with all its neighbours?
Think of Gaza, Lebanon, Turkey...
Egypt crisis: Israel faces danger in every direction
A comment on the above story at the UK Telegraph:
"Why murder Mabouh in Dubai? Why murder Sulieman in Syria? Why murder those nuclear scientists in Iran?
"...You murdered those Turkish activists on the Mavi Marmara..."
Cairo by El-Branden Brazil
4. What is the Israeli attitude to fundamentalist Islamic countries like Iran?
Israel supplied the Ayatollahs with weapons.
According Trita Parsi:
Arms sales to Iran totaled an estimated $500 million from 1980 to 1983 according to the Jaffee Institute for Strategic Studies at Tel Aviv University.
"According to Ahmad Haidari, "an Iranian arms dealer working for the Khomeini regime, roughly 80% of the weaponry bought by Tehran" immediately after the onset of the war originated in Israel. 
Arms shipments from the U.S. to Iran in the Iran-Contra Affair were facilitated by Israel.
Israel is reported to have supplied instructors and non-armaments help to Iran for the war effort.
Israel kept Iranian planes flying in spite of a lack of spares; and Israeli instructors taught Iranian commanders how to handle troops.
There were never less than about a 100 Israeli advisers and technicians in Iran at any time throughout the war, living in a carefully guarded and secluded camp just north of Tehran; they remained there even after the ceasefire.
Recently declassified Pentagon documents reveal the 1980s operation called 'Tipped Kettle,' in which weapons stolen by Israel from the PLO in Lebanon were transferred to the Contras and to anti-American elements in Iran.
(The truth about Israel, Iran and 1980s U.S. arms deals - Haaretz ...)
Cairo by JordiGP
5. On 1 February 2011, Winter Patriot (http://www.winterpatriot.com/) puts the Egyptian Revolution in Context
Among the points made:
1. Israel wants three things to come out of this conflict-
A pipeline transporting water from the Nile to Israel for their swimming pools.
Control of the Suez Canal, as it is a choke point for trade between Europe and Asia (read China) and
The break up of Egypt to remove it as a military force and as an economic ally of China
2. The Zionists want a land stretching from the Nile to the Euphrates.
3. Mubarak recently stated outright that no Egyptian water would be delivered to Israel.
4. The Israel was involved in the coup in Tunisia. Events in Tunisia increased pressure on Mubarak.
5. There already exists a pipeline delivering water from the Nile to Al Arish in the Sinai, forty kms from the Israeli border.
There is the possibility of a future Israeli invasion into Sinai and onto the Suez Canal.
Egypt by Joey Harrison
6. Israel intends to plant itself in the middle of the oil trade routes.
The pipelines to the ports of Haifa and Eilat together with the Suez canal are critical control points to choke off oil to China in the event of war.
7. The US and Israel are currently causing trouble for Yemen, Somalia, Sudan and now Egypt.
All these countries adjoin the strategic sea route of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden. Other countries on the Red Sea are Saudi Arabia, Eritrea and Djibouti. Can they expect the same? I think so.
8. In Egypt, the protesters are being set up as patsies.
The new "extreme" government will provide a cassus belli for war with Israel who will plead 'self defence', as they always do.
The resulting war and internal civil strife for Egypt will lead to it being broken up into at least two countries, Upper and Lower Egypt and weakening and impoverishing it in the process.
The process impoverishes these countries through weakening their ability to resist the criminal trade in drugs and humans (incl body parts) that NATO sponsors.
Kosovo, for instance, is far worse off now than it ever was. As is every single country that has seen military intervention from the great liberators, US and NATO and the budding colonialists, Israel.
This fate awaits the people of Egypt. They will cease to be a military threat of any kind.
10. However the Globalists have had their failures.
They have failed to maintain control over Russia with the rise of Vladimir Putin. They failed in their invasion of Lebanon in 2006.
Some bloggers believe the Egyptian revolt has not been long planned by the CIA-Mossad-NATO.
These are the sort of people who cheered for Obama before he got elected.
These are the sort of people who have never heard of Allen Lawrence Pope and Operation Haik
Mubarak is very rich, but so is Dick Cheney.
And let's not forget $1.3 TRILLION dollar tax gift to the richest 43,000 multi-millionaires/billionaires in the U.S.A.
Some figures (Egypt.):
1. Between 1980 and 2007 Egypt’s Human Development Index (HDI) rose 42%.
2. Egypt’s average annual HDI growth was 10th fastest worldwide and almost double the global average.
3. Between 2005 & 2008 Poverty, as defined by those living under $2/day, fell over 11%
4. Only 16% of the population now live on less than $2 per day.
5. The Gini Index, the international measure of wealth inequality, fell 7% between 1999 & 2007.
6. The share of the poorest 10% in national income rose 5% and the share of richest 10% feel 6% in the same period.
The ratio of the wealth of the richest to the poorest 10% also fell 10%.
~~"Revolutions and Manipulations" are reported on at the Veterans Today Network (Jan 29, 2011)
According to unnamed intelligence sources:
"A cadre within the governments of Egypt, Israel and the United States, are seeking to expand Israel’s influence to the Nile and into Africa, has gotten behind Egypt’s new Vice President, Omar Suleiman, Israel’s 'man in Cairo'...
"Reports from intelligence sources in Europe and North Africa, sources with a good track record, tell of Israeli mobilization and troop movements toward the border of the Sinai...
"The long term objective of US, Israeli and Egyptian aims ... to split Egypt, followed by a destabilization based on the Tunisian model, of Northern Sudan...
"The next scheduled targets are: Uganda, Somalia, Eritrea and Kenya"